Monday, September 20, 2010

Head Librarian

On September 20, I started a new position as Head Librarian at Penn State Greater Allegheny. The University Libraries completed a national search and I was the successful candidate. In a way it has been interesting to refresh my knowledge of the job search experience. I am very happy after the telephone interview and two full days of in-person interviews to be in this new role.

As the Head Librarian, I am responsible for all library operations and services. This includes staffing, budget, reference, instruction, and collection development. My staff includes an awesome reference librarian, one full-time staff member, three part-time staff, and several work-study students. Greater Allegheny is an exciting campus for me to head a department, and it's an exciting place to rethink library services and the idea of 21st century librarianship.

The most immediate excitement is having cake in my honor. Yes, it is as good as it looks. In fact, it might be even better.

Cake!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Courtney! How exciting - I'm so proud of you! 80)

    ReplyDelete