Monday, September 5, 2011

Class is in session

The 2011-2012 school year started August 22, so my fall semester is in full swing. I'm starting the semester short staffed, but we finally received approval in August to advertise for a reference librarian. I'll be working with the search committee on that process. I'm looking forward to welcoming a new colleague later in the semester.

With decreasing federal funding, our work study student employee pool continues to decrease. I'm excited we've recruited a few great first year students. I think this is one of the best jobs on campus for a student. I'm also biased because I worked at the college library for four years.

Once again my library is participating in the Pitt Partners program and hosting an LIS intern. Allison Gallaspy has joined us for the next three semesters. She has a B.A. in History from Tulane. Her primary interest is in technical services and is looking forward to developing her reference skills and networking.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I would have went to school to be a librarian. I wonder if it's too late to switch gears.

    ReplyDelete