I'm chipping away at my growing to do list. This week I managed to make progress on a few things:
- Faculty Activity Report for 2010. I've copied most of my information into Digital Measures. Unfortunately it looks like all my book reviews are missing.
- ACRL Panel Presentation. We have our third and hopefully final assigned time slot for the session. My speaker agreement is complete. Now to crack open the books and articles I've been carrying around and put together my part. April Fools Day is two months again.
- Bits and pieces for a YALSA webinar. More soon, I promise!
- Wrote a letter of support for Janel. It still amazes me to be in a position to do this type of thing. I really enjoy it.
- Budget update conference call on January 31. I'm very proud of myself for having a meeting with my my full time staff member January 28 to prepare for this meeting. After all, it's a new process for me and I want to minimize asking forgiveness on matters related to money.
Much to my surprise, my calendar was a relatively light on meetings. It allowed me to make some progress getting my files into my new file cabinet. There's still a lot to do. I'm not completely sure I'm happy with how I'm going to organize my files, but it will have to do for now. On the plus side I've been able to find things, so the system at least works.
I also sat down with my LIS intern Sarah to catch up. She actually asked to sit down with me which was great. This is as much her internship experience as it is ours to have an intern. She is demonstrating a growing confidence with reference service and taking full advantage of working a different schedule from last semester.
I'm hoping to get some more work done this weekend, specifically Saturday. Sunday it is all about the Superbowl.