Thursday, January 29, 2009

Amazing Midwinter Meeting

Also known as a long week in Denver.

I observed the ALA Executive Board meeting on Friday morning. As a candidate for the EB, I wanted to get a sense of what was currently going on. It gave me a bit more to stress about until the Candidate Forum on Monday morning.

Friday evening was the NMRT Meet & Greet (photo right). It was nice to see familiar faces and meet new people.

Although I was the NMRT Councilor from 2005-2008, my Vice-President hat kept me much busier. Lots of business cards to collect of librarians and library students I hope get involved in the round table. Also meetings to attend, like the Round Table Coordinating Assembly. I worked a lot, learned a lot, and met so many new people.

Remainder of the conference included the Resolutions Committee, Task Force on Electronic Member Participation, and ALA Council (as a Councilor-At-Large). By Wednesday afternoon I was exhausted and ready to go home, but very happy.

I was elected by Council to serve as a member of the ALA Executive Board!

No comments:

Post a Comment