Monday, July 25, 2011

Library Day in the Life: July 25

Today is the start of round 7 of the Library Day in the Life project. I enjoyed participating in round 6, so I'm back for more. When I first saw the announcement I figured that it would be a quiet summer week and I wouldn't have much to offer. Turns out there are a number of things that have made their way onto this week's calendar.

This is actually our LIS intern's last week at the library. She's finishing her program at Pitt. I kept telling her it goes fast, but even I was caught a bit by surprise when I returned from vacation last week and realized how soon she'd leave us. The mantra will be "it's not goodbye". I'm thankful for all she's taught us over the past year, not to mention her invaluable assistance on a variety of projects.

Today I spent most of my day completing responses to emails sent to me while I was out of the office. I managed to send two, and both recipients thanked me for the response. There are still a few more drafts I really want to finish this week.

A faculty member did come over to check style manuals for two articles accepted for publication. One APA, the other Chicago. It was nice when he told me my showing him in early May how to use Microsoft Word to change footnotes to endnotes was a tremendous help. Another win for information literacy.

I also did some prep for a meeting on Tuesday. A faculty member contacted me a week ago regarding a few different things. I don't completely know what we and a few other people will be meeting about, but I know it involves brainstorming for a course she's developing for the fall. At least two of the meeting participants will be attending from another campus via Polycom.

The day's had fits and starts. I'm not usually much of a "it's been a Monday" person, but today definitely had that quality. It started with a thunderstorm and discovery I was completely out of conditioner. It's ending with some sunshine and a trip to buy conditioner.

No comments:

Post a Comment