Friday, March 4, 2011

Three cheers for Rachel

Today was my reference librarian's last day. Rachel is headed to the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh's Business & Downtown Library. Just in time for tax season! We'll definitely miss her here at Kelly Library. She did not want a big party or send off, but we compromised and had a late morning tea with muffins on March 3, 2011.

I was responsible for the muffins. Rachel approved.
Chocolate muffins three ways | Blueberry muffins


Of course there was a big "Congratulations" card and gifts.


I'm glad I had the opportunity to work with Rachel, although five months was simply not long enough. I'm glad I've gained a good colleague and a friend. Now she just has to put up with me socially, where we'll probably continue to talk about librarianship, shoes, and pop culture.

1 comment:

  1. Courtney, I remember you from NASIG at Williams and Mary a few years ago. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete