Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday at Midwinter

Today's schedule
8am-12pm ALA Executive Board
12-2:30pm Budget Analysis Review Committee
2:30-4:30pm ALA Finances Best Practices Workshop
5:15-5:30pm Exhibits Ribbon
5:30-6:30pm Exhibits
6:30-8:30pm Sage Reference Advisory Board
9:30-11:00pm Emerging Leaders Reception

As you'd expect, I had a full day. This schedule does not include the meetings I was not able to attend (Committee on Legislation, Training, Orientation, and Leadership Development, Round Table Coordinating Assembly).

One of the highlights was the enthusiastic round of applause from the crowd when I was introduced as a member of the ALA Executive Board at the ribbon cutting. It made me smile a bit bigger and I think I even waved. I deeply appreciate the support and recognition by my friends, colleagues, and members. Working hard and having fun are just who I am. Now if only I can get more front and center in the photo in New Orleans.

No comments:

Post a Comment