Monday, January 10, 2011

Monday at Midwinter


Today's Schedule
8-10am OITP Advisory Liaison Visit
10am-12:15pm Council II
12:30-1:30pm ALA Executive Board Candidate Forum
2-5pm ALA Executive Board
8:30-10pm Council Forum - did not attend

Despite spending a good portion of Thursday with OITP at their retreat, I delivered my board talking points at their morning meeting. They're a great group so it's always nice to see all of them.

Many of the agenda items from Council I that were moved to Council II were once again moved, this time to Council III. I think this is a result of improved communication about resolutions via the Council listerv and discussions during the optional Council Forums.

I saw most of the Executive Board Candidate Forum. Having been on that stage in 2009, I know how exciting yet stressful the process can be. As I posted to the Council listserv in December, I am thankful to all the councilors willing to stand for election to serve on the ALA Executive Board.

The rest of my afternoon was spent at the ALA Executive Board meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment