Thursday, January 6, 2011

Midwinter in San Diego

view from the Marriott Hotel & Marina


Greetings from the San Diego Convention Center!

My midwinter is already in progress. I've got two retreats going on at the same time. That's how I do conference. The most congested time slot has me in five places at once. Usually I'm double booked. I wouldn't have it any other way.

My meetings include all of the ALA Executive Board meetings (Friday, Monday, and Tuesday), BARC meetings (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday), the NMRT Board meeting (Saturday), all ALA Council meetings (Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday), and a bunch of liaison visits as a member of the ALA Executive Board and BARC.

The most high profile? I'm introducing Neil Gaiman and Nancy Pearl for the "An Afternoon with Neil Gaiman and Nancy Pearl" program during the ALA Midwinter meeting. I'm honored to have this wonderful opportunity.

The best part? Getting to see friends and colleagues.

1 comment:

  1. I so wish that I were there with you...but maybe given the cold I have, it is better that I not share it with all our colleagues.

    My first MW on the EB was in San Diego, and it was JoAnne Kempf's first ALA meeting.

    Have fun, keep posting!

    ReplyDelete